Saturday, January 20, 2024

Lay’s BLT Sandwich

 


Product circa: Summer 2023


I was excited when I saw these, because at least once in the past, I’ve seen the taste of lettuce be successfully conveyed via the seasoning on chips. It seems to me that making chips taste like a BLT is completely possible, but these here fall flat.

The bacon flavoring here somehow manages to be subtle but also the overwhelming component that you taste. After a few bites, you might notice a peculiar cheesiness underneath the bacon. Indeed, the ingredients list boasts cheese flavoring; the only reason I can think it’s there is to mimic a BLT’s mayo? Tomato powder is a listed ingredient too, but to my tongue, it’s undetectable. And no lettuce taste anywhere to be found.

It’s strange that these BLT chips taste more like a loaded baked potato.

Lay’s BLT Sandwich: 1 NOM - Passable
Original Lay’s (for comparison): 2 NOMS - Good

No comments:

Post a Comment