Thursday, April 19, 2012

Snickers 3X Chocolate

Note: This is a Presumptive Ephemeral Nom.

Staring me in the face in front of the cashier at 7-Eleven was this new Snickers variant.

The "3X Chocolate" title, I later learned, refers to the fact that its outer covering is chocolate(like normal), the nougat is now chocolate, and its caramel is now a chocolate caramel.  The peanuts were left untouched.

A look inside the bar indeed verified that the nougat is probably the same used in the Three Musketeers bar, and the caramel was a dark brown (perhaps they simply mixed cocoa into the cooking caramel before it fully cooled?  Do any confection enthusiasts want to inform me of a chocolate caramel process?), such that its innards look quite different than the original product.

Unfortunately, the taste is almost the same.  With concentration, I can detect that the candy's flavor of chocolate is stronger than the original, but if you had not told me, I probably would have been none the wiser.


Snickers 3X Chocolate: (Good)

Original Snickers (for comparison): (Good)

Acquired: 7-Eleven

No comments:

Post a Comment