Product circa: 2024-2025
A nostalgic throwback... was blue raspberry really that popular in the 1980s? Anyway...
I'm a big fan of blue raspberry, and it took a lot of effort on my part to find this product. But in the end... it's not quite what I wanted. They made this formula decidedly sour, whereas my fickle ass wanted something sweet, in this one instance. I'm impossible to please. But this is still a very fun product, and tasty, and one of the few blue raspberry sodas to have ever existed.
Blue raspberry soda is such a rare find, so I really enjoyed this write-up. I get what you mean about wanting the sweeter throwback version, but the sour kick is probably what keeps this one interesting instead of tasting like pure candy syrup. This actually got me thinking about Swig's dirty sodas: soda shops layer flavored syrups and cream over a soda base, and blue raspberry would be an amazing dirty soda base since it already has that candy-shop sweetness built in. I run a drinks menu tracker at https://swigmenu.net/ and flavors like this are exactly why the dirty soda trend keeps pulling in curious drinkers. Would love to see Crush keep this flavor around permanently instead of treating it like a limited drop.
ReplyDelete