Thursday, May 9, 2024

Coca-Cola Y-3000 and Ultimate

 


Coca-Cola Y3000 - God, the marketing copy is so exhausting.  We get it, this is what Coke from the Future would taste like.  AI Coke.  Yeah.  After tasting this myself, it was hard slogging through the Google search results to see what others actually thought of it.  Most opinions hew close toward "fruit candy".  The closest my own brain got was "rainbow sherbet" or even blue raspberry.  Regardless, "artificial fruit" is definitely the vibe here.  It's pretty tasty, but not tasty enough that I'd want to have permanent access to this.

Coca-Cola Ultimate - Made jointly with Riot Games, the marketing says that this is flavored like "+XP", which is short form for gaining character experience in a video game.  Fine.  This stuff is very subtle, and I actually went through several bottles and a 12-pack just to research it more heavily.  The internet opinions on this product are all over the place, and frustratingly so.  My take is that this has a generic fruity flavor which I can't pin down (but leans "green"), and is slightly sour.  And it's not lime.  So the closest I can peg here would be white grape or unripe mango (if you've ever tasted one).

No comments:

Post a Comment